UPS Labels - Configuration
You can reach the plugin General settings by choosing the WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping → UPS Labels from the sidebar.
In order to establish the UPS API connection and be able to create the shipments and generate the UPS shipping labels, you need to own an UPS account and enter your API credentials (UPS User ID, UPS Password, UPS Access Key and UPS Account Number) in the plugin settings.
– check this option to run the plugin in the test mode.
UPS User ID / UPS Password / UPS Access Key / UPS Account Number
– fill in these fields with the credentials you acquired during the UPS account registration process.
API connection status
– once your login credentials were entered and Save changes button hit, the API connection status should change to Connected and turn green.
If for some reason the plugin is not able to establish the connection with the UPS API, you will see the error message coming from the API with the detailed information on the cause of the problem, e.g.:
– the format which the label will be generated in. Available label formats:
– option enabled by default. If ticked and if you have the Negotiated rates assigned to your account, they will be used and applied while generating the UPS shipping labels. This in turn should result in reducing the shipment's cost.
– tick this checkbox if you want the parcel tracking link to be added to the WooCommerce transactional emails sent to your customers once their order is shipped.
Default package weight
– enter the weight value which will be used as default if the individual product's weight has not been filled in.
– choose the measurement units the plugin should use. The units set in the WooCommerce settings at WooCommerce → Settings → Products → General → Measurements are used by default.
This measurement system is not valid for the selected countryerror, please switch the units. Once it is done they will be converted into the ones required by UPS API.
– fill in these field with the name of the entity the ordered products are sent from, e.g. enter your shop's or your company's name here.
– fill in this field with the phone number of the entity the ordered products are sent from, e.g. enter your shop's contact phone here.
– enabling the Debug Mode will let you identify and analyze the problems with generating the UPS shipping labels. All the requests, responses and the error messages coming back from the UPS API will be saved and written to the log file.
Not using the UPS Labels yet and wondering how it will work live?