Let’s assume that you are outsourcing the shipping, you’ve made a deal with the shipping company and the shipping cost you agreed on always amounts to 15% of the order’s value. On one hand you’ve got the fixed percentage shipping fee, however, on the flipside, it’s pretty obvious that the 15% from $50 order is much lower than 15% from $300.
How to configure such a scenario where the 15% shipping cost is calculated dynamically according to the order’s value?
- Add a new rule based on Price and set:
- When: Price
- and additional cost is: 0.0015
- per: 0.01 Price
- Leave the is from, to, rule cost is and Special action fields untouched.
When your customer places an order, the shipping cost will be always 15% of the order’s value, e.g.:
- If the products’ in the cart total price is $50, the shipping cost is calculated 15% x $50 = $7.50 and the order total amounts to $50 + $7.50 = $57.50.
- If the products’ in the cart total price is $300, the shipping cost is calculated 15% x $300 = $45 and the order total amounts to $300 + $45 = $345.