To properly run the plugin, you will need:
- UPS Account registered in the same country where your store is located
- Authorization via either OAuth – REST API or Access Key – XML API
- If you choose the Access Key – XML API, you’ll need to set up a developer account on the UPS website and request an access key. This doesn’t require any service subscription with UPS.
You won’t be able to send any parcel information to UPS using this plugin. The plugin only allows to obtain and show to your customers live rates based on the addresses of the sender, recipient and weight of a parcel.
Please also mind that the UPS API the plugin is currently using limits the max package dimensions and weight for the available UPS services. According to the information at UPS official website these limitations are:
- Packages can be up to 150 lbs (70 kg).
- Packages can be up to 165 inches (400 cm) in length and girth combined.
- Packages can be up to 108 inches (274 cm) in length.
- Packages that weigh more than 31.5 kg (25 kg within the EU) require a special heavy-package label
If the single products you are selling exceed the max weight and/or dimensions described above, they are automatically classified as freight, which unfortunately is not supported yet, since it requires using a completely different API.