Royal Mail - Royal Mail Live Rates shipping method configuration
Once the Royal Mail Live Rates shipping method was added within the shipping zone for which its services should be displayed, use its configuration screen to manage its settings and adjust them to your needs.
– define the Royal Mail Live Rates shipping method title which should be used in the cart/checkout when the Fallback option was triggered.
– enable to offer a flat rate cost for shipping so that the user can still checkout, if the Royal Mail, for some reason, returns no matching rates. If selected, the additional Fallback Cost field will appear below:
– tick the Enable the free shipping over amount checkbox in order to offer your customers the free shipping once the defined order total value threshold is reached. If selected, the additional Free Shipping Threshold field will appear below:
– tick this checkbox to manage which Royal Mail services should be available for your customers to choose from. You may also change their names here and set the order of how they are displayed in the cart and checkout.
If the checkbox is not selected all the services will be available by default.
Our Royal Mail Live Rates plugin supports both - domestic and international services. The codes displayed in the Services Table's Code column reflect the Royal Mail service type:
- starting with
SO9S, etc. - Royal Mail domestic services
- starting with
OTA, etc. - Royal Mail international services
Length / Width / Height
– enter the default package dimensions which will be used to calculate the shipping cost for this Royal Mail Live Rates shipping method.
– type in the package weight value which will be used as default if none of the products' in the cart individual weight has been fill in or if the cart total weight equals 0 kg.
If the weight of each single product the customer added to the cart has been filled in on their WooCommerce Product data → Shipping tab, the plugin will use the summed up cart total weight instead.
– check this option if you want the insurance to be included in the Royal Mail shipping rates. If enabled, the order total value will be considered as a the compensation amount.
– you can tick the Remove the tax checkbox in order to strip the 20% tax value from the shipping rates coming from Royal Mail.