In order to be able to offer you customers the dynamically calculated USPS shipping live rates, you need to obtain the USPS Web Tools API credentials first and enter your USERID in the plugin’s API Settings. The whole process is not complicated — it comes down to filling out an online form and can be completed within 5 simple steps by following the instructions below:
- Start it all with visiting the USPS Web Tools API website and once you are there, hit the Register Now button:
- You will be automatically redirected to the USPS Web Tools registration form. Fill in all the required fields here with the relevant details and confirm the changes with the Submit button at the bottom:
- Once the USPS Web Tools API access request you’ve just submitted is verified and approved by USPS support, you should receive an email confirmation containing your USPS Web Tools API credentials including the USPS Web Tools API USERID.
- The only thing left now is to copy the USPS Web Tools API USERID you’ve just obtained and paste it in the USPS Web Tools API USERID field in the USPS Live Rates plugin’s API Settings(WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping → USPS Live Rates):
- Complete the whole process and save the changes using the button at the very bottom of the page.